Franklin Street Reservoir

The Franklin Street Reservoir was constructed in 1938 below a city park to store and provide fresh drinking water to residents. The concrete reservoir has a capacity of 16 million gallons and consists of two chambers, each with capacity for 8 million gallons, separated by a common concrete divider wall. The original construction incorporated construction materials now considered health hazards and the structure was experiencing concrete deterioration and waterproofing failures. Walker developed a repair program for removal and abatement of hazardous waterproofing materials and replacement with materials suitable for contact with potable water, repair of deteriorated concrete and replacement of structural expansion joints to extend the service life of the structure.